Breast cancer touches everyone around you. My parents are almost 2,000 miles away and the distance is difficult. I discovered that my sons and husband are more supportive than I could ever imagine. Many people do not realize how hard breast cancer hits those who love us. The men in my life have gone far beyond the call of duty to help me through this difficult time.
My husband
When my husband said he would love and cherish me through sickness and in health--he meant it. This man has been a rock for me throughout my battle with breast cancer. Howard parked the recliner in the hospital room next to my bed and held my hand the entire night after my mastectomy. He is there with a shoulder to cry on whenever I need it. This man would move heaven and earth to keep me healthy and happy.
He tells me daily that I am beautiful even though at times I feel like a walking freak-show. When I shaved my head because chemo made my hair fall out--he shaved his head to support me. Words fail me to say how much he means to me.
My sons
I have three awesome young men for sons. The 19-year old and the 12-year old have shaved their heads to support my going through hair loss. All three have stepped-up to help with the household chores and to take over tasks that I am unable to get to. They are an amazing group of young men and I am very proud of them.
My Dad
I miss my Dad. He lives in New York and I am in Arkansas. Even though the distance is great, he is always there to listen to me and asks how I am doing. I don't think he realizes how much help he has been through all of this. Just knowing that he is there for me is a great comfort.
Men by nature are problem solvers. It is frustrating to them when they cannot fix problems. The men in my life cannot fix my cancer, but they make it bearable with their support and understanding. I am not sure that I would be able to get through this without them. Remember to take time to tell the men in your life how much you appreciate them.
More from Yahoo! Contributor Network
My battle with breast cancer: Coping with hair loss
My battle with breast cancer: Reconstruction after mastectomy
My battle with breast cancer: Getting a second opinion
Source: http://news.yahoo.com/battle-breast-cancer-men-life-214600834.html
barrel roll anagram 180 degrees cory smoot do a barrel roll tilt do a barrel roll.
No comments:
Post a Comment